[Dshield] ASSP

Andrew Willy andrewwilly at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 03:50:11 GMT 2007

Greetings all,

I'd like to plug the spam software we use since I haven't seen it mentioned
on this list before.  ASSP (Anti-Spam-SMTP-Proxy) has been in place at our
business for about six months and we've had great success with it.

It supports DNSRBL, delaying (grey-listing), URIBL, Bayesian filtering,
auto-generated white lists, spam buckets, and penalty boxing, among other
things. Prior to ASSP, we used a Symantec solution, admittedly ancient, with
drastically poorer results. It's a fast app that sits between the world and
your SMTP server, controlling connections and traffic before it reaches your
MTA.

I can't vouch for it in a large environment, we support only 150 mail users
(much happier users after ASSP!)

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,

Andrew