[Dshield] Blocking Country Access

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Thu Feb 22 07:42:48 GMT 2007

Andrew Willy wrote, on 22. feb 2007 04:18:

> Tony (or is Tonni preferred?),

Take your pick, anything's better than Anthony :)

> May I ask about your message load?  How many mail users and how
> many messages per day or per some other period of time?

We're a low volume high school site, 1150+ users (max 350 active
mailers) max. 2,500 inbound messages per 24 hours, reject 2-400 before
they are accepted, postmaster (at our site) gets a transcript of each
refused message and I read them all.

Were we a large volume site I'd still use the same methods for refusing,
but I'd probably be blocking less incoming stuff and relying more on our
(brilliant) anti-spam and AV software. I'd never block at the firewall,
since I'd never be able to see whether a client were genuine or not,
people would never be able to contact abuse or postmaster (rfc2821).

Best,

--Tonni

[...]

--