[Dshield] Kaspersky antivirus updates failing

Nicholas Albright wiretapp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 03:12:58 GMT 2007

Check your hosts file

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts or c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

if you have anything with 'kaspersky' or other known antivirus listed in
that file, you should consider your machine compromised. Take it to a
professional to have it cleaned, or re-install windows.

an example would look like this:

127.0.0.1 update.kaspersky.com
127.0.0.1 update.symantec.com
127.0.0.1 update.grisoft.com