[Dshield] Blocking Country Access

Scott Melnick duckie37 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:20:09 GMT 2007

Oh I hear you there. While my company does an extremely large amount
of email traffic and does business in the USA only; I chose to do
both. I stick Access Lists on my Border routers with the top 10 spam
countries (except the US of course) and it lightens the load on my
RBL/Antivirus processes and puts a bit of CPU on my border routers
which can handle it.

But this model works for me. It might not work for everyone. I'm not
interested in being a spam trap unfortunately. To each his own eh?

Scott Melnick