[Dshield] 0wnlng Windows machines

Tony Earnshaw tonni at hetnet.nl
Mon Feb 26 02:59:01 GMT 2007

John B. Holmblad wrote, on 26. feb 2007 01:52:

[...]

> In the fine tradition of using the U.S. tax code to achieve greater
> social "good", how about if we incent better computer hygiene by
> providing a tax credit for users who keep their computers malware free
> for the prior year?

How would the user ever prove that? Our Barlaeus site is refusing mail
from *so* many sites world wide (that's the beauty of my Postfix cidr
block method of refusing messages, I get to see to whom the mail is
addressed before the MTA puts its foot down) from cracked home Windows
PCs of our *own* people (I can see that by the RCPT TO: envelope
recipient) that I'm amazed.

The only worthwhile tax incentive would be for using another OS than
Windows (*any* other) and the US government would never do that, guess
why ...

Best,

--Tonni

--