[Dshield] 0wnlng Windows machines

Stasiniewicz, Adam stasinia at msoe.edu
Mon Feb 26 04:27:30 GMT 2007

Hi Tonni,

Glad it made sense.  As for the certificate errors, I see them both in IE 7
and FireFox 2.0.0.2 on both the p0f and Webmail sites.  Both present the
same error: the certificate is not issued by a trusted root CA (which is
inline your description of the server's configuration).  IE 7 has changed
the way in reports certificate errors since IE 6 so maybe that is what Allen
is seeing.  But once I acknowledge the warning, both browsers will let me
see your site.

As of why your users don't see it, your Windows admin could use GPOs to
automatically configure trusts for all your internal certificates on your
internal computers.

As for the comments by John:

As good of an idea as that sounds on paper, I really don't see a feasible
idea as to how you could implement it...

Regards,
Adam Stasiniewicz