[Dshield] OT daylight saving updates

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jan 2 22:25:25 GMT 2007

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:51:27 EST, Paul Marsh said:

> Happy New Year to ALL.
>
> Here in the US the Energy Policy Act of 2005 kicks in changing our
> Daylight Saving Time beginning on March 11 and ends on November 4.  The
> only vendor I've heard from is my PBX vendor, how about everyone else?

Fedora Core and Redhat based Linux should be all set if they've done
anything resembling recent patches (as in the last 15 months):

* Tue Sep 06 2005 Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat.com> 2005m-2
- 2005m
  - changes for USA (extending DST by 4 weeks since 2007), Tunisia,
    Australia, Kazakhstan

Other distros that use tzdata-2005m or later should also be all set.

Quite frankly, most sane software should be relying on the operating system
to take care of this (unless you're a multinational and the application has
to deal with stuff from multiple timezones).  And if you're paying the support
bucks for an application like that, you *really* want to have a chat with
them if they haven't delivered/announced something yet, given that some
organizations got it out the door 15 months ago....