[Dshield] 2967/TCP (SSC-AGENT) Scans

Scott Fendley scottf at uark.edu
Wed Jan 10 18:19:47 GMT 2007

Judging by the release documentation, No.   All of the Fix IDs I see
listed related to PP1 and MP1 appear to be more stability and other
similar program updates rather then a remote security glitch.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid_p/2006050314483048

The activity on the 2 ports in question is related to problems
reported last May.
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Content/2006.05.25.html

There was discussion at the ISC (and I thought this list in
November/December) about port 2967/tcp
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=1893
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=1947
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=1992

Port 2968/tcp is the Symantec AV Corporate Edition for Netware
management port and it is presumed that they are hitting the same
vulnerability that the windows clients have been getting hit with
over the past month a half.

Scott Fendley
Univ of Arkansas