[Dshield] Audit device

Kevin Ottalini ottalini at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 24 04:05:22 GMT 2007

Paul,
    MS Baseline security 2.1 is the one complete tool to check for OS patch
level:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx

There are some 2rd party tools like Belarc that have a very useful scan and
do attempt to check a/v status:

I have a little C# tool that I wrote that provides easy access to a number
of free scantools and A/V tools including O/S update links that might help:
http://qsextreme.com/qs_toolkit

I'll be updating this in a few weeks to include a number of tools like
belarc.

If you have questions or comments about the toolkit, feel free to contact me
directly.
Kevin