[Dshield] Pump and Dump Stock lists

steven parks sparks at IDEAL.COM
Fri Jan 26 20:32:23 GMT 2007

Most of those I get these days are the image only kind. Good luck!

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org
[mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org]On Behalf Of Shawn Cox
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 2:38 PM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Pump and Dump Stock lists

The PnD stock spams are by far my worst offenders.  I have most all of the
drug and enhancement spam under control, but these stock scams I just can't
get a hold on.

So I was thinking if there were a published list of stock symbols that are
currently being spammed I could add them to my blocked keyword list either
through script or manually as they reach a certain level.  I was thinking
along the lines of the way dshield monitors ports for scan activity.  When
we see a port start becoming a target we see it and can react quickly.

Does anyone know if something like this exists or how it might be
implemented?

--Shawn

Server and Storage Administrator

Plains Cotton Cooperative Association