[Dshield] Help! Can no longer install programs - Related to Security updates? - Thanks, SOLVED

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Sat Jan 27 13:34:38 GMT 2007

Help! Can no longer install programs - Related to Security updates? -
Thanks, SOLVED

Adrian, Shane et al.

Thanks for replies and attempts to help.

The installation was blocked by a personal firewall.

The error prompt was originally issued only in Finnish and only via the O/S.

Since the personal F/W stopping the installation has an English language
interface, I simply just did not research this possibility enough when
the issue arose.

Updating the firewall product on the system in question helped solve the
issue.

The new version of personal firewall prompts about the stopped
installation (directly and additionally in English, not just in Finnish
via the O/S), and logs it into the F/W log.

Thanks again for replies and attempts to help.

- - Pete