[Dshield] Loss of integrity with DShield - [Fwd: Daily DShield Report 2007-01-26]

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Sun Jan 28 23:30:53 GMT 2007

A database disk filled up last night which caused the delayed inserts.
At the time the report ran, the report had not been inserted yet and it
came back empty.

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen wrote:

> Like the new appearance of the DShield site. Congratulations!
>
> Found a couple of issues during a quick look at the site.
>
> There would seem to be issues with the contents of the DShield D/B as
> well as with Daily DShield Reports.
>
> Submissions and submission confirmations run fine.
>
> 1) Nevertheless, received one day late the forwarded Daily DShield
> Report, which claims no reports submitted.
>
> As can be seen, the Daily DShield Report is for Friday January 26th.
>
> On January 26th, I submitted 19 submissions containing totally 77 lines.
>
> Received Submission Confirmations for each submission stating all lines
> were accepted and written into the DShield D/B, none rejected. This
> applies to all data submitted that day.
>
> 2) My submissions do not show in 'My Reports' (at
> https://secure.dshield.org/myreports.html) for January 26th. The same
> applies for January 27th and 28th as well.
>
> "Today's Reports:" display "0 Lines" for all three days.
>
> 3) Unluckily, "Today's Reports:" display "0 Lines" for all days in the
> year 2007 as well as apparently all days for the year 2006.
>
> "Today's Reports:" display "0 Lines" for all days, no matter whether the
> DShield D/B contains user submitted data for that day or not. In other
> words, the counter field mechanism or algorithm is broken.
>
> Are you aware of the issues?
>
> Thanks in advance for taking care of the issues.
>
> Once again congratulations about the new look.
>

> - Pete
>
>      "Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand."
>             Wesley "Wes" Westrum (1922-2002) US catcher
>

> -------- Alkuperäinen viesti / Orig.Msg. --------
> Aihe: Daily DShield Report 2007-01-26
> Päiväys: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:02:33 +0000 (UTC)
> Lähettäjä: bounces at dshield.org
> Vastaanottaja: peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
>
> you did not submit any reports today

SANS 2007 March 29 - April 6 in San Diego, CA offers 52 Courses
taught by our top rated instructors plus a huge vendor tools expo.
Register Today! http://www.sans.org/info/2501 (BROCHURECODE: ISC)

- --
Johannes Ullrich                        http://isc.sans.org