[Dshield] Now It's Postcard.Exe and New Signature

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Wed Jan 31 20:41:31 GMT 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:17:01 -0500, "Johannes B. Ullrich"
<jullrich at sans.org> opined:

> what we actually need is a postfix/procmail et al signature for .exe
> files. Anything else is just a whack-the-mole band aid.

Mime checks should eliminate all .exe file attachments. AVs should be
able to check zips and tarballs for this kind of content.

Not using AV is like playing Russian Roulette. Eventually, you lose
and your server dies - or gets listed by some nitwit running a
blacklist -;)
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com
               Don't Subsidize Criminals: http://boulderpledge.org