[Dshield] P.S. Re: Your father's internet

George Capehart capegeo at opengroup.org
Fri Jul 20 23:15:36 GMT 2007

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:13:48 EDT, George Capehart said:
>
>> *grin*  Nooooooooo!  No one would send spam over uucp!!!  ;)
>
> "You're *WRONG*, tuna breath!" :)

<snip the good old days>

*wince* Doh!  My bad.  I misphrased my comment.  The image I had in my
head at the time I wrote it was a botherder trying to blast the typical
image-based spam messages over 1200 baud modems . . .  :>  (Yes, I know
it's possible to send uucp traffic over other media.  Done it myself on
an internal network.  But my main association is with uucp over dialup,
and in the low-budget early days it was 300 baud or 1200 baud . . . ).

But thanks for the URL to the wikipedia entry.  I'd forgotten all about
them!  Can't believe it . . .  ;(

Cheers,

/g