[Dshield] Maximum length of DSHIELD logs?

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Jun 1 14:32:41 GMT 2007

the receiving script accepts up to 100 MBytes. However, there may be
some limit in a mail relay feeding our parsing server. But as long as
you don't get any bounces, and the logs make it, you should be fine.

Pavel Vachek wrote:
> Hello,
> please, does DSHIELD define any limit on the length of submitted logs?
>
> My LaBrea-based IDS currently produces some 400kB/hour to 1MB/hour
> -sized e-mail logs in the DSHIELD format - should I limit their
> volume somehow?
>
> Best regards,
> Pavel Vachek, CESNET, Prague, The Czech Republic.

> SANS 2007 March 29 - April 6 in San Diego, CA offers 52 Courses
> taught by our top rated instructors plus a huge vendor tools expo.

---------
SANSFIRE 2007 July 25-August 2 in Washington, DC.  56 courses, SANS top
instructors, and a great tools and solutions expo. Register today!
http://www.sans.org/info/4651 (brochure code ISC)

http://isc.sans.org         PGP Key: https://secure.dshield.org/PGPKEYS