[Dshield] Spam Surge and funny things with auditors

Sue Young sforslev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 01:04:06 GMT 2007

You're both right - these are obviously not technical people when the
response is "so that's why my computer is so slow".   It is helpful to have
the audit to make sure all the bases are covered, even if they're poorly
audited.

Luckily we cover the basics for the audit and then try to make it secure in
reality.  There's nothing that says you can't do better than your audit.
I'm very lucky that we have management buy-in to do better.

Sue Young, CISSP