[Dshield] ThreatSTOP server change: Change DNS IP from 70.167.122.4 to 24.249.204.58

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Fri Sep 14 21:55:09 GMT 2007

ThreatSTOP has a high class problem: we've outgrown the small-scale
co-lo we were in for our beta a lot faster than we planned, and very
suddenly.

So, we've had to move quickly. We've sent an e-mail to all our
subscribers, but some of the messages have bounced. Since the vast
majority of our subscribers are from the DShield community, I thought
that posting here would help.

If you are a ThreatSTOP beta subscriber (not someone using the emergency
public DNS feed, but the signed-up beta) please change your DNS server
for the ThreatSTOP lists to:
24.249.204.58

This server will be a stable secondary over the long term, and we will
add additional POPs over the next two weeks.

Sorry for any inconvenience. We were working on a scalability plan that
would have been more seamless, but got swamped as a result of offering
the free public service. Due to the size of the lookups we propagate and
our desire to maintain privacy for SME and SMB user's custom lists, the
traditional secondary name services are not practical for us.

(Hangs head in shame and mumbles about nature of early beta startup with
limited resources.....)

You can keep abreast of what is going on @ www.threatstop.com

Stay Secure!

Tom