[Dshield] ThreatSTOP server change: Change DNS IP from 70.167.122.4 to 24.249.204.58

WebMaster at Commerco.Net WebMaster at Commerco.Net
Sat Sep 15 05:01:03 GMT 2007

Tom,

Have you contacted the good folks at www.spamhaus.org about how they
implement their environment.  It seems like you may have some similar
processing functions going on (albeit, perhaps for varied, but
related objectives).

Also, you may want to look at a more distributed implementation
approach to mitigate reliance on centralized servers (which has a
byproduct of being a bit more robust against attacks, though possibly
harder to control).

I understand the issues found with smaller budget startup projects,
but then, that is part of the fun and thrill of being an
entrepreneur.  Always remember that every web site started with guest
visitor number 1 and grew from there - the trick seems always to
figure out how best to handle the growth of a successful site.

Thanks for the parenthetical comment, it made me smile - doing some
of that myself.  I think that people, for the most part, understand
such things in early stage, when one is working honestly to offer
something that is both free and provided as a service to help them in
some way.  The Internet really is a little bigger than it was in the
1990s - but then, that can be a good thing too. ;-)

Best,

Alan
WWW.TZ.Com - We get you to travel(sm).