[Dshield] Question on appropriate university research

Dotzero dotzero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:39:21 GMT 2007

On 9/19/07, Brad Tilley <brad.tilley at vt.edu> wrote:
> > Lastly, if you feel that strongly then file a civil suit.
> And what exactly are the *damages* from the port scan. They can't just
> sue b/c of the port scan. They would have to demonstrate and quantify
> the damages caused by that scan. If they cannot do that... they can't sue.

And that is the point. If it isn't going to be prosecuted in a
criminal action and you can show a quantifiable tort for a civil
action..... then what exactly are "you" doing.

Much ado about nothing.......

More information about the list mailing list