[Dshield] Undersea cable cuts

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Wed Apr 16 19:46:29 GMT 2008

All,

it looks like the Denials of Service in the Middle East as a result of
undersea cable cuts are at least partially explained by "rogue anchors".

Here is the url to  the mention of that cause at the Engadget www site:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/14/uae-nabbed-a-pair-of-ships-suspected-for-undersea-cable-cutting/

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International

GSEC Gold,   GCWN Gold,   GAWN,  GGSC-0100,   NSA-IAM,  NSA-IEM

Information security, telecommunications, and information technology
consulting

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  jholmblad at aol.com