[Dshield] Does Dshield still respond to each submission?

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Tue Jul 1 21:23:23 GMT 2008

Looks like DShield no longer recognizes a valid "from" address in your
submissions. I turned on debugging for your account and will let you
know off-list if i see anything.

If you enable "feedback" in your profile, each e-mail will result in
an acknowledgement. This should be your first stop if something odd
happens (e.g. no more daily reports, reports missing). These e-mails
contain a lot of debugging info so they will help me (or you) figuring
out what the problem is. However, if there is no "From" e-mail
recognized, we can't send you an email. In these cases, I can still
check our logs if we received an e-mail from your userid, or other
identifiers, but I will have to turn on debugging for the particular
account to have it retain full copies of the e-mails.

SANSFIRE 2008 - Washington DC; 42 courses, July 22-31; www.sans.org/
info/26174