[Dshield] DShield submission confirmation error?

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Mon Jan 5 23:24:39 GMT 2009

Dear all,

I'm pretty much a DShield noob, so please forgive me if I've
misunderstood something. I have two hopefully unrelated questions"

1) I recently set up psad to make submissions to DShield. As far as I
can tell, I have configured it correctly. It sends emails to DShield
via a smarthost. Sending emails from that account to other addresses
seems to work fine, but my DShield submission reports always come with
the message, "The e-mail address you used to submit this report from
did not match the address we have on file."

I've checked that the email address from which the submissions are
sent is the same as the one I've registered in the "Report E-Mail
Address" field in the "My Information" form on dshield.org. What am I
doing wrong?

2) Also, I want another of my servers to be able to submit reports
too. That server is configured to send from a different email address.
Is it possible for me to register two "Report E-Mail Address"
addresses, or can I only configure one?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Sam