[Dshield] New Mailing List Invites

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Fri Jan 22 21:01:16 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 11:59 -0700, Brad Morgan wrote:
> > (Note that it does not require *confirmation*, so it appears that one can
> > subscribe anyone just by spoofing his email address. Ouch! Way to go
> Google!)
>
> It sent me a confirmation...

Oh sure, it sent me a confirmation too, saying "welcome you're now
subscribed". Sorry for not being clear enough (it's been a hell of a
morning here). What Google didn't send is a confirmation *request*,
verifying that it was indeed me who attempted to subscribe to the mail
list.

Pretty much every mail list I ever subscribed to required a
confirmation. (If you wanted to subscribe, reply or click here). But I
didn't get that from Google.

Cheers,
Frank