[unisog] Who do you guys report to?

Mr Christian Wilson Christian.Wilson at its.monash.edu.au
Fri Aug 3 13:46:22 GMT 2001


I am curious as to who you various University IT Security Managers/Officers/
people with IT security responsibilities report to.

Is it...

1. The Audit and Risk Management department in your University?
2. The Head of your Information Technology Unit/Division?
3. Someone underneath #2?

If you send me replies directly then I'll summarise to the group after
a week or so. I am currently reporting to #3 in the scenarios described
above, and I feel that it needs to be higher up in the organisation in order
to produce effective results. I'm interested in seeing how it works at other
Universities so I can compare where I'm at to where you guys are at and then
make a possible proposition.

All replies gratefully appreciated.

Christian Wilson
IT Security Manager, Infrastructure Services
Information Technology Services, Monash University - Clayton
Phone: +61 3 990 51187

More information about the unisog mailing list