[unisog] Educating Users

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Tue Aug 7 19:27:01 GMT 2001

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 10:57:49AM -0500, Karen A Swanberg wrote:

> In the various Code Red threads, many things have been said about LARTS,
> educating users, using AUP's to enforce the installation of servers, and
> many other ideas.

Well, I wonder if it will make a whole heap of a difference.
Sure, one day, we may finally educate *our* users.  I'm thinking
that the real problem is going to come from the @home & DSL people.
Who tells them there machine is messed up?  Who educates them?

I don't think it is as simple as *us* educating *our* users.

I think we'll start seeing that .EDU sites will be less and less
of a 'problem' on the net.

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |       VEIWIT
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA |   Makers of transparent