Code Red(s) being confused with sadmind/IIS worm?

ghandi at ghandi.org ghandi at ghandi.org
Fri Aug 10 00:28:14 GMT 2001

I have found the same thing. We realized yesterday afternoon that a rogue
laptop on our network was running a out of the box 2k install. It had been
infected with code red II. It didn't take us long however to discover that
it also had been hit with the sadmind/IIS worm much earlier and had gone
unnoticed.

Out of curiosity we scanned several other 2k machines on our network and
found the same thing, sadmind/IIS. So yes, sadmind/IIS is much more
prevalent than we realize. Those who have code red probably should check
for sadmind/IIS as well.

Best,
Patrick Stokes