[unisog] Re: Code Red(s) being confused with sadmind/IIS worm?

John K. Lerchey lerchey at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 10 17:34:12 GMT 2001

There is also the entire issue of things like laptops running Win2K in a
wireless environment.  The students turn on "personal web server" (IIS)
unpatched, and bounce on and off the network frequently.  When they're on,
they're causing problems... then they go away before we can track them
down.

Sigh

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University