[unisog] RE: Wireless Policies

Michael Benedetto michael at amnh.org
Thu Aug 16 23:01:18 GMT 2001

At 03:44 PM 8/16/2001 -0500, Krulewitch, Sean V wrote:

>Now that WEP is a proven 15 minute bust, and MAC addresses are proven
>spoofable (according to traffic on this list), do any of you address
>content exposure through policies or guidelines at your .EDU's?  If you
>have anything remotely like any of the rudimentary examples below, I'd like
>to know what they are and that you have them.

Has anyone tried using "LEAP" on Cisco wireless networks. According to
Cisco, their system is more secure than standard WEP...

... and before you ask, no, I don't believe everything they tell me  :)

Michael J. Benedetto
Assistant Director of Network Systems
Department of Information Technology
American Museum of Natural History