[unisog] Code Red growing fast.

Christopher E. Cramer chris.cramer at duke.edu
Wed Aug 1 18:59:58 GMT 2001

we're definitely seeing exponential growth.  i didn't see anything from
8pm-11pm, but then saw a small handful of hits to webservers, by this
morning, it was a couple of hundred.

see: http://www.incidents.org/

for info on the number of infected hosts.

-chris

Christopher E. Cramer, Ph.D.
Information Technology Security Officer
Duke University,  Office of Information Technology
253A North Building, Box 90132, Durham, NC  27708-0291
PH: 919-660-7003  FAX: 919-660-7076  email: chris.cramer at duke.edu