[unisog] Who do you guys report to?

Martin, James E. martin at more.net
Fri Aug 3 15:19:11 GMT 2001

As of September '01, we're a direct report to our Director of Operations.
Started off as a report to the Manager of Networking, then moved to the
Manager of Technical Support. We lost too much reaction time handling it
without the DO being first, and there was a perception of an lack of
emphasis on security.

These changes have taken place over three years. In that time we've gone
from one full time event response team member to three, and have another 15
part-timers on the extended security team distributed throught the
organization. I've also organizationally got the IT audit function.

FYI, the downside is that I'm becoming more policy oriented and don't get to
play with all the toys I used to.

Hope this helps!
Jim

James E. Martin