[unisog] Educating Users

H. Morrow Long morrow.long at yale.edu
Tue Aug 7 18:50:04 GMT 2001

Karen A Swanberg wrote:
> In the various Code Red threads, many things have been said about LARTS,
> educating users, using AUP's to enforce the installation of servers, and
> many other ideas.
>
> My question is, how? In Detail?

Websites, newsletters, e-mail messages, presentations to groups in
meeting rooms, open house booths, videotapes, orientation training,
CBT (Computer Based Training).  Some voluntary, some mandatory training,
some schools even require taking tests before providing accounts or access.

Some of the coolest end-user InfoSec training programs I've seen
involved animation and/or games (not sure if any learning was
actually going on but they sure looked cool!!!).

- Morrow