[unisog] Sendmail Filter for Sircam

Pete Hickey pete at shadows.uottawa.ca
Wed Aug 8 10:48:41 GMT 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 01:05:06PM +1200, Russell Fulton wrote:

> Hmmm... can we use this procmail on a relay?  Our MX records point to
> two machine that then relay mail on to other host on campus and it is
> these two machine that we would want to do filtering.

Same setup that we have.  For load reasons, we want to do all the
checking on our relay machines, not where the mail is delivered.
Here's what we do.

Sendmail can be configured to queue only.  Sendmail can also
be configured to empty a queue.  We have one sendmail configured
to receive mail, and put it in the directory mqueue1, and
another sendmail configured to empty the queue in mqueue2.

A small C program was written to move the files from one
directory to the other, locking and checking (currently using
grep) for SirCam.

If sircam is found, it is moved into mqueue3.

--
Pete Hickey               |                         |       VEIWIT
Communication Services    | Pete at mudhead.uottawa.CA |   Makers of transparent