[unisog] Norton Anti-Virus Download Size

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Aug 17 01:01:32 GMT 2001

I can't do anything about the bulk, but I use Freeman Installer to package
our McAfee downloads.  This allows me to create a floppy set which can be
downloaded on campus and taken home as well as a single, self-extracting
executable which automatically starts the install and then cleans up after
itself.  In the case of VirusScan 4.5.1, that is a 12 floppy set.  A bit
bulky, but still doable.  I think Freeman cost us about $400, and it's very
easy to use.

The SuperDAT, which is our preferred method for definition file updates is 4
floppies.  I'd give you the URL, but it's IP restricted. :-)

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Supervisor, Support Services
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member