[unisog] Who do you guys report to?

Mr Christian Wilson Christian.Wilson at its.monash.edu.au
Wed Aug 22 23:02:11 GMT 2001

Hi Again!

I did mean to summarise these results a long time ago, but I have now so
that's good :-)

33 people replied to my little survey.

In general terms:

0 were reporting to category 1
13 were category 2
20 were category 3

A number of the people in category 3 said that they believed they should
be reporting to category 2. It was also interesting as a number of people
also officially report to category 3, but for the important security issues
they end up reporting to category 2. (This is also my situation as well).

I guess I was suprised that no one was reporting to the Audit and Risk
management section, they're another group in my University which I do
work really closely with, and that is useful because we often work together
and audit various aspects of the University IT environment. In one of the
latest issues that I'm dealing with, I've found them useful in helping me
point out risks to other bits of senior management.

Christian.

--
Christian Wilson
IT Security Manager, Infrastructure Services