token based access (WAS: Re: [unisog] VPN Protection of Wireless Networks)

Anne Bennett anne at alcor.concordia.ca
Mon Dec 17 15:02:05 GMT 2001

Paul L Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu> writes:

> VPN by itself is better than WEP, for reasons I'm sure are familiar to this
> list.  We intend to use Smartcards with VPN in the future, but the
> Smartcard program is still in the early deployment stages and we early in
> the testing of VPN as well.

I'd be interested in hearing more about your research into token-based
access control.  I badly want to move us away from reusable passwords,
but I'm at the very beginning of the process.  If anyone out there has
looked further into the issue, I suspect that your results would be of
interest to several people on the list.

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Analyst, IITS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at alcor.concordia.ca                                        +1 514 848-7606