[unisog] web based user interfaces

Greg Francis francis at gonzaga.edu
Mon Dec 3 20:22:34 GMT 2001

We're using IMP/Horde and have been pretty happy with it. There are some
glitches that I'm hoping an upgrade will fix. The problem I have with it is
that I've customized the interface enough that an upgrade is a pain to do.
That will be something we'll tackle during the break.

As far as e-mail filtering, we're working on a small web-app that will allow
students to enable and disable forwarding and setup basic mail blocking
using procmail filters. Everything is hidden behind a web interface. We're
still a long ways from production but it looks promising. If anyone else has
already done something similar I would love to see it.

As far as listserv management, we're using majordomo using e-mail based
commands. We've created a web page for requesting a list
(http://barney.gonzaga.edu/tech/listrequest.html) which generates all of the
aliases for us which really helps in initially setting up the lists but the
list manager still does everything through e-mail.

Greg

on 12/3/01 11:26 AM, William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) at wcolburn at nmt.edu

--
Greg Francis