Web Publication Guidelines

Bob Ono raono at ucdavis.edu
Fri Dec 14 20:12:07 GMT 2001

During the late fall, a small number of campus web site sponsors reviewed
the need to ensure that only campus affiliates could access  selected web
content.  This review was conducted in consideration to public safety
concerns and/or regulatory request.

We are currently discussing the development of a web publication guidelines
that would help units to identify web content that may not need to be
broadly available due to campus/public safety issues or made available to
campus affiliates via authentication with a campus id or some other
mechanism.  We were interested to learn whether any other campus has
prepared similar material to guide web content preparers.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Robert A. Ono, CISSP
Information Technology Security Coordinator
Information and Educational Technology
University of California, Davis
(530) 754-6484 Desk