[unisog] token based access (WAS: Re: [unisog] VPN Protection of Wireless Networks)

Anne Bennett anne at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed Dec 19 19:23:59 GMT 2001

wilfred.camilleri at utoronto.ca writes:

> At the UofT we have been using SecurID tokens for the past five years to
> authenticate Admin users (about 3,000) to our production systems.  We're
> using the pin-pad tokens.

Yes, this is the type of thing I'm thinking of, not something which
requires a reader at each machine.  I'd like a technology that can be
used from offsite, or from people's personal machines, without addition
of hardware, and preferably with minimal software changes.

BTW, I received in private e-mail a suggestion to look at

  http://www.cryptocard.com/

which I did, though I can't tell offhand from the web site what exactly
the components are.  Perhaps more detailed reading will bear fruit...

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Analyst, IITS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at alcor.concordia.ca                                        +1 514 848-7606