[unisog] What Email Attachments Do You Block?

Greg Francis francis at gonzaga.edu
Mon Jul 23 20:24:58 GMT 2001

I have an add-on to this question. What are people using to filter
attachments?

I have Exchange servers on the back-end with a couple of Sendmail servers
handling all inbound mail before passing the messages off to the Exchange
servers. I would like to apply the filtering at the Sendmail layer because I
also have Unix servers handling mail for students.

I believe I had tried using procmail about a year or so ago to do this but I
ran into a problem because of looping because of mail looping because of the
way our MX records are setup (pointing to the Sendmail systems/not the
Exchange servers).

Thanks,
Greg

--