[unisog] Quick-and-dirty to find vulnerable systems

Anne Bennett anne at alcor.concordia.ca
Mon Jul 30 20:24:36 GMT 2001

Anderson Johnston <andy at umbc.edu> writes:

> If anyone has another method, please share.
>

> 1.) Run nmap to check your network for port 80 and Windows systems.
>
> nmap -sS -O -p 80 -n -oM nmap.out <your network)

I'm curious to know why you're using -sS instead of -sT.

Also, it may turn out to be faster, on a large network, to skip "-O",
and scan all your web servers with the script.

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Analyst, IITS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at alcor.concordia.ca                                        +1 514 848-7606