[unisog] Re: KaZaA...some interesting data

Gary Flynn flynngn at jmu.edu
Wed Jul 18 21:30:42 GMT 2001

Anderson Johnston wrote:

> And based on my daily scan logs, it's speading faster than warm cheese
> whiz.  It's accounting for an enormous amount of traffic through our
> border.

Has anyone ever heard of any outside source code review or remote buffer
overflow/format string testing of these types of programs?

It makes me cringe every time I think about having the possible
equivalent of 5000 IIS servers on campus :)

Wonder how long it would take to patch them all...

--
Gary Flynn
Security Engineer - Technical Services

Please R.U.N.S.A.F.E.