[unisog] ida worm

christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca christopher.murtagh at mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 19 19:50:04 GMT 2001

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Russ Harvey wrote:
>We're getting hit with a ton of these, and the source IPs seem all over
>the map:
>
>Thu Jul 19 08:33:06    HTTP request from 207.46.239.116: GET /default.ida?NN...
>Thu Jul 19 08:53:17    HTTP request from 211.220.44.29: GET /default.ida?NN...

<snip>

>Anyone else getting barraged?

 Actually, I just noticed them on my laptop's logs, and was wondering the
same thing. Makes me want to look at my other servers now... and after
just doing that, I did find a lot, and likewise from all over the map.
It never ceases to amaze me how much noise/packet polution Microsoft
generates in either these types of exploits or netbios-ns junk.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh