[unisog] Web Cache Filter of Code Red Probes

Daniel Bidwell bidwell at andrews.edu
Mon Jul 30 13:40:32 GMT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 11:47:28PM -0400, Mark Cather wrote:
> Has anyone tried to use a web cache engine to filter out Code Red
> probes?  I think I can use the web cache on our campus to filter all
> inbound and outbound requests including the string default.ida.

The Code Red web request asks for a domain name that will not match
anything that you would have on your campus.  The accelerator will only
route web domains that you specify.  As long as there is no default
domain, then the accelerator will product the servers behind it.

Daniel R. Bidwell	|	bidwell at andrews.edu
Andrews University	Information Technology Services
If two always agree, one of them is unnecessary
"Friends don't let friends do DOS"
"In theory, theory and practice are the same.
In practice, however, they are not."
No tema al pinguino.