off-topic: sendmail problems

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 6 22:09:58 GMT 2001

Sorry, I know this is off topic but I can't think of anywhere else to
ask this one.

Over night we had a minor disaster with our cyrus mail system.  The
user map became corrupt so sendmail decided that there were no cyrus
users on the system and delivered the mail to local mailboxes.  (The
bit of magic that stops this got lost from the sendmail.cf at the last
upgrade :( )

Does anyone have a handy script that will take a directory of Berkeley
style mail boxes and pipe the messages back through sendmail.  I am
sure someone has already been here before!

Many thanks! Russell.