[unisog] Chronicle of Higher Ed. article on NetPD

Rodney Meryweather rmerywea at utk.edu
Thu Nov 8 01:04:05 GMT 2001

	The following below is a notice that we have recieved from NETPD, so not to
make this a long thread I have decided not to include the thirty or so other
emails that have been sent to NETPD POC's that are listed on there home page
and some to Bruce you yourself, requesting that you contact the POC for the
University of Tennessee.
	Notice the below notice is sent now to a Mr. John Baxter who by the way
resides in Memphis. Although NETPD was given full information about a DMCA
Agent, UT Webpage, and the Web Page for the Copyright office for contacting
the proper DMCA Agent they, Bruce you also fail to correct this
situation?????????????? Now at the begining of this paragraph I said Mr.
Baxter is in Memphis, which is interesing since the IP quoted below resides
at the UTK campus here in Knoxville and to me the Security Manager of UT
Knoxville & Memphis. Previous complaints from NETPD have gone to the UTK
campus before and were looked into as well as a reponse providing and asking
NETPD to contact the appropriate DMCA Agent, at once again
http://notes.utk.edu/DII/security.nsf/pages/DMCA.

	So Bruce do you believe that NETPD can do this, this time?

	Also please provide a digital signature as required by DMCA. For without
this you place the Universities and those you contact in a legal bind if the
defendant in these cases were to decide to legaly turn the tables and come
back and ask for the correctly formated complaint. For would NETPD then pay
our lawyer fees?

	I do believe and support that organizations like NETPD have a place and are
attempting to do a job that is needed. But NETPD as well as others need to
do it in the correct way.

									Rodney Meryweather