[unisog] Mail Virus/Trojan Scanners

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Mon Nov 12 09:04:05 GMT 2001

Drew Schaffner wrote:
> We are currently looking into options for implementing
> a virus/trojan scanner for our mail gateway running on
> a Linux platform.

You might want to look at MailScanner at

http://www.mailscanner.info/

This uses your existing sendmail setup in conjunction with Sophos or mcafee
or whatever if you modify the perl! The price for the interface is right so
you only need to pay for the virus scanner. Do you currently have a desktop
licence which includes unix platforms?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed				To have no errors
Information Services			Would be life without meaning