Disabling Peer to Peer File Sharing

E. Larry Lidz ellidz at eridu.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 16 17:26:01 GMT 2001

As part of an informational campaign to try to reduce our problems,
both copyright and bandwidth, with peer to peer file sharing, we've
put together a web page that gives instructions on how to disable the
uploading capacity of a bunch of the common peer to peer programs. We've
got a list of some others that we're still working on, but we have
instructions for the most popular programs already.

I thought this might be of some interest to the other people on this
list -- feel free to point to the web page if it's of use to you.

The page is available at:

  <http://security.uchicago.edu/peer-to-peer/no_fileshare.shtml>.

-Larry

---
E. Larry Lidz                                        Phone: (773)702-2208
Sr. Network Security Officer                         Fax:   (773)702-0559
Network Security Center, The University of Chicago
PGP: http://security.uchicago.edu/centerinfo/pgpkeys.shtml