Shutting off sharing capacity of PtoP applications

Joshua Wright Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
Wed Nov 28 20:44:38 GMT 2001

A while ago, I thought I saw mention of some schools that maintained a list
of PtoP applications with steps to shut off the sharing capacity of those
applications.  Unfortunately, I cannot locate that e-mail now, and there
doesn't seem to be an archive publicly available.

Would someone mind reposting such a list?  We are seeing more outbound
utilization lately and inbound utilization, and are thinking of asking
students to voluntarily shut off sharing to the PtoP applications.

Thanks.

-Joshua Wright
Team Leader, Networks and Systems
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu

pgpkey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD44B4A73
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73