[unisog] Size Limit on E-Mail Attachments

Terry McCoy terry at nd.edu
Tue Nov 6 14:14:14 GMT 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, William D. Colburn (aka Schlake) wrote:

 { snip }

> FTP/HTTP, I need to put it there, inform them of it, verify they got it,
> then remove it.  If I am going to make something available to someone
> via email then I send it to them, and if they don't get it then it will
> be mailed back to me, otherwise I can just assume it made it.  If the
> file is confidental, then it adds even more steps to the FTP/HTTP to
> make sure that the curious don't download it by mistake, but SMTP is
> already confidential so no extra steps are needed.

Hmmm....  unless the payload is encrypted, I wouldn't characterize
the exchange of email as being "confidential".  Various unexpected
snafu's could have your email message delivered to the wrong person
or persons.

Terry McCoy                             email:  terry at nd.edu
Sr Systems Engineer                     phone:  (219) 631-4274
Office of Information Technologies
University of Notre Dame