[unisog] Mail Virus/Trojan Scanners Summary

Drew Schaffner drew at bioeng.ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 13 18:57:44 GMT 2001

Each of the packages mentioned by me or those
responding to me are listed below. For each
positive feedback regarding a package a point
was earned, for each negative a point was
deducted. It is not the way to make a final
determination but gives a sense of how the
package is favored overall.

AMaViS
Score:   -2
#Votes:   2
Comment:  Concerns were expressed regarding stability and increased
          load on server. (To be expected when adding scanning of
          all messages.)

Anomy
Score:    0
#Votes:   0

Antivirus -- a Sendmail milter
Score:    1
#Votes:   1

E-mail Sanitizer
Score:    0
#Votes:   2

Inflex/Xamine
Score:    1
#Votes:   1
Comment:  Respondents concerned that Inflex is written in shell and slower
          then commercial version Xamine written in C.

Mailscanner
Score:   -1
#Votes:   3
Comment:  Respondents did not like the manner in which Mailscanner
          manipulates Sendmail queues